Our Response to COVID-19
COVID-19 has impacted us all in ways we never expected, and the circumstances continue to change. In that regard, we have altered the way that we operate our communities, interact with, and support our residents and prospective residents. The Altman Companies’ top priority is the well-being and safety of our residents, prospective residents and team members.
We continue to take guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization, and the local governments in the communities we serve. We are committed to adapting our practices according to their most up-to-date recommendations. In response to COVID-19, The Altman Companies implemented several new protocols:
Our COVID-19-related policy updates include:
- Reopening of previously closed community amenities such as pools and pool pavilions by adopting CDC and government guidelines
- Providing additional signages in lobbies, pool areas, and elevators with social distancing recommendations per the CDC and government guidelines
- Mandating the use of masks in common areas and tours by all our team members
- Supporting Social Distancing by utilizing technology to serve our residents
- Requesting in-person community tours to be conducted by appointment only to maintain CDC guidelines and sanitize the spaces after each tour
- Providing enhanced personal protective gear to our maintenance teams
- Utilizing technology to provide virtual tours
- Limiting the number of people entering community amenities
- Providing touchless or no contact tours to allow in-person visits in some apartment communities
During this stressful time our team is working together. We are leveraging our expertise and our nationwide network of partners to ensure we serve our residents and each other. We will continue to proactively anticipate our residents’ needs and adapt quickly to our ever-changing times.
We are honored that our residents have chosen our communities as their home. Despite the ongoing circumstances, we remain resolute in our commitment to providing them the best possible living environment.
COVID-19 General information & Government response
We urge you to stay current with the orders and information coming from local governments as well as national and international organizations. Utilize the sources below for the latest updates about COVID-19 and other online resources to help cope in this new environment. National (and International Resources)
- Visit the CDC’s website for information on how to stay safe and prevent the spread of COVID-19, Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- Stay current about the global status of the pandemic, World Health Organization (WHO).
- John Hopkin’s interactive site has live data tracking COVID-19 around the globe, John’s Hopkins University & Medicine.
Local and Regional Resources